Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Safari 3.1 new WebKit does the magic

"You are you still using Safari 2. Are you insane?" That is the one funny comment I found about the new Safari update. Before I begin to comment it myself, I would like to give a quick info to people already running OSX86 - go and get it, it runs as it should -FAST! Safari is not the most popular internet browser and Apple had some troubles with it in the past. Not properly rendered pages or even problem to open one. I hope those problems belong to the past now. The new WebKit is much faster. Apple claims it is even 6 times faster in rendering JavaScript than the old one. The Cupertino based firm did not stop with that, it added support to some new standards CSS3 and HTML5 (this one does not have even any documentation jet). The user interface did not change at all, the only one small thing is that we do not need TwiceTab any more. Yes, double click and the new tab is open, that is a nice move by the way.


Here are the links:


Update: Standalone Installer

Google Reader or Homepage Add to My Yahoo! Subscribe with Bloglines Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to My AOL Add to Technorati Favorites!

Welcome!

You are probably looking for a working copy of Tiger or Leopard, ready to install on a "white box" pc. I can't give you a link to download it, so please don't even ask for it. This blog will inform you about working versions of OSX86. You have to find a copy yourself. (try some popular torrent sites)